Centre for Applied Social Sciences (CASS)
The Centre for Applied Social Sciences (CASS) was established in the University of Tartu in 2007. The fundamental goal of CASS is to offer society high-quality applied research and analyses in social sciences.
The purpose of CASS is to raise the relative importance of sustainable strategic planning based on knowledge in society. That includes policy, legislative drafting, education, economy, health and environment protection, and regional planning. CASS is the knowledge organisation of a network type and co-operation division in the University of Tartu. CASS tries to find solutions to social problems in co-operation with the best social scientists and study groups. The goal is to accomplish social-scientific application research, analyses and consultation in the course of local and international research projects.
Most important co-operation values of CASS are:
- In depth knowledge and competence of research.
- Quality of analysis and sustainability of research/recommendation.
- Practical, problem and result oriented corrective approach.
- Strong understanding of customers strategic purposes and needs.
- Confident and professional co-operation both with customers and partners.